Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Yokohama Baystars





On Tuesday night, I was invited along w/ a few guys on the team to attend the Yokohama Baystars opening ceremony for spring training here in Okinawa. Every February, pro teams from mainland Japan come to Okinawa for training camp because of the warm weather. We were able to watch the ceremony as the players came out onto the stage at the ANA hotel in Ginowan. Afterwards, there was food and time to meet the players and take pictures. The top picture is a picture of a few of the Enagic guys. The two pictures in the center are of the few Americans the Baystars have signed to play here in Japan. The second picture from the bottom is former major league pitcher Chris Bootcheck who played for the Los Angeles Angels and the Pittsburgh Pirates. He had asked me what brought me to Japan and I was able to share about what God is doing here in Okinawa. He then shared with me that he was also a Christian and did a lot of ministry back in the states with other Christians players around the majors. He mentioned that he had a lot of free time while he's here and was interested in coming to church. His field is only 10 minutes away for the Calvary Ginowan. Please pray for our brother that he would be able to witness to the Japanese players while being apart of the team. God is good and working through His people!!

2 comments:

su-ka said...

Praise Lord!すごいね!Thank u for good testimony.

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks