Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another Step



Sunday after church, we had an afternoon game in my hometown of Ginowan down at Okinawa International College. It was more of a practice game leading up to the All-Okinawa tournament in late August. It was such a blessing since church family all came to cheer us on. We ended up winning the game by a large final of 14-7. I was called in the bottom of the 7th to retire the final batter. I then went on to pitch the last 2 innings. I gave up 1 run, 2 hits, 2 walks, 2 strikeouts, in 2 1/3 innings. I was able to get my first save of my career, and a max speed of 140km.

The story of the day was not even about the win...Nor was it about my pitching...It was definitely the 25 or more Japanese and Americans from the church who came out to root on Enagic! After the game, some of the guys and gals took some pics with the coaches. Shuta, our equipment manager, then brought out a stack of hats and passed them out to everyone. Everyone got some sweet gear, and the kids got a sweet memory. It was a great witness to the players, coaches, and the community for most of the church to come out to the game. I hope my coach was encouraged as a Christian and ministered by them in the name of Jesus.

Only the Lord knows what's going to happen next! Thanks to everyone who came and blessed me while I was sweating all over the place! God bless you!! robby

3 comments:

Torres Family said...

Vunder,
Amazing..thanks for sharing bro...keep pitching for Jesus..
Torres

E-Da said...

hey bro, i wanna continue to encourage you and remind you of what God is doing through you in this ministry, you are my hero bro because even after coming home from what you see as a "let down" in Wakayama you still jumped back in and served the Lord and you counted it all Joy bro. Thanks for being an awesome Example for me bro! Love you bro

Go #30!!!!!

ur #1 fan
E.Diaz

Trevor Raichura said...

Sorry man, you're the #2 fan Eder. First of all your fantasy team is weak, secondly your blog and youtube isn't plastered with Vunder juice. So you can't out-do me in fantasy baseball or Vundie baseball! But yeah, we'll be #1-2 OK? Just remember you're #2!