Monday, July 30, 2012

Aniya vs. Okinawa University

The last weekend of July brought a match up against Okinawa University. I got the start and was able to go 6 innings of 1 run (0 earned) ball. I was blessed to have only scattered 4 hits, 0 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Unfortunately, our bats couldn't get anything going offensively, therefore we fell 1-0. Okinawa University is known for there strong top of the order batters. These players just last year played for Itoman High school, the school that played in the summer tournament up at Koshien (Tiger's Stadium) in Osaka. I was told before the game to pitch inside/outside to these guys. On a downside, I hit 2 batters. One batter on a late breaking ball in the shoulder and the other with a 2 strike fastball right on the upper back. The hit batter then stole second before I retired the next batter. On the way back to the dugout, I was able to apologize to him. Japanese baseball is very different from America. If you hit a batter, a tip of your cap to him or formally taking off your cap and bowing to him means that it was %100 unintentional. Japanese are very understanding when it comes to hit batters. I was grateful. Also, I took a line drive off the back of my leg, but was able to recover and throw the batter out at first.

This year I have posted a 1.29 era in 34 2/3 innings. I have given up 5 runs, 10 hits, 20 K's, 7 BB.

God has been blessing me big time. All honor and glory goes to Him alone!!

God bless you!


rob

No comments: