Monday, May 14, 2012

Okinawa University

Finally on Saturday, we had the chance to play Okinawa University. Every time we were scheduled to play against them, the game was rained out. I got the nod as the starting pitcher. I went 6 innings giving up 2 runs on 1 hit hit, 2 errors, 4 k's, and 2 walks. Obviously the walks hurt me. The first inning with 2 outs and a runner on third is where they got their 2 runs. A deep fly to left was severely misjudged by the right fielder! He took two steps forward, and then realized his mistake as the ball sailed over his head. Overall, the hitter made good contact, but a few steps backwards towards the fence would have enabled the right fielder to make the putout. Our corner outfield had always been our weakest link. This year, we acquired a very strong center field from the mainland.

Thus far I'm sporting a 1.72 era in 15 2/3 innings. God's been graciously blessing me with the best year for my career here in Japan. In my two year stint with Enagic, I finished with a 5.60 era in around 20 innings. I was a middle reliever.

Lastly, we also won the game 4-3 on a walk-off single. God is good!

God bless you,

rob

No comments: